Liquidations main reason for crypto sell-off, small amounts of realized losses
News / 28.03.2023
- CFTC is suing Binace over the alleged breaking of trading and derivatives rules.
- This saw a sell-off in the crypto market, with Bitcoin going down to $26,600.
- However, losses were extended for BNBUSD, which saw a price decline to 307, and its ratio compared to Bitcoin went down to a sixth-month low of 0.011.
- Liquidations were plenty, over $100 million in the past 4 hours for the entire crypto ecosystem, according to Coinglass.
- Roughly $65 million of realized losses in the past few hours is a very small amount when comparing year-to-date.
- This is not a capitulation event compared to previous dates this year, such as Jan 26 and March 7, which saw hundreds of millions of losses.
The post Liquidations main reason for crypto sell-off, small amounts of realized losses appeared first on CryptoSlate.